CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11/17/08

I Need "Jesus"

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
Let all Heaven and Earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms will all pass away
But there's something about that name!


Bill and Gloria Gaither (William J. Gaither, Inc.)
___________________________________________
This song by the Gaithers is one of my favorite hymns. If I'm being honest, I'd have to say that my first love for this song is musical...in other words, I love all the "7th chord sounds" and descending chords in the tune. As a kid, I used to love to sing this song in church.

But this song means a bit more to me, now.

Because I need more "Jesus."

I'm using quotation marks because I'm actually talking about the word "Jesus." You see, I use words like "Father" and "God" and "Lord" all the time. But for some reason, I don't speak the name of Jesus very often.

I'm not sure why.

I need "Jesus." I need that word - need to speak it, sing it, and keep it on my mind. I need the word because I need to remember Him. I need to remember that the name of Jesus represents His coming. When Mary and Joseph obeyed the command of God and called the child, "Jesus," my whole life changed. He came. He came to die. He came to beat death. He came to justify the sin-debt, and to forget His name is a travesty.

My encouragement to you this week is simply this:

Say, "Jesus."


Find a time this week to focus on His name. Speak it, sing it...maybe even SHOUT it! (His name is victorious!)

0 comments: